My new favorite recipe for bread. The ingredients are :
2 pkgs dry yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water (110-115 degrees)
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup honey
1 Tablespoon salt
8-9 cups flour
1. In a mixing bowl- dissolve yeast in warm water. Then add butter, honey, eggs, salt and 4 cups of the flour.
2. Beat on low speed 30 seconds.
3. Beat non medium speed for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
5. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead about 8 minutes or until smooth.
6. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. See above picture.
7. Cover and let rise till doubled 9 about an hour). See photo below.
8. Punch dough down.
9. Divide dough into thirds and shape into loaves.
10. Place in greased pans and let rest until double (about 30 minutes).
11. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or golden brown.
The above photo is after loaves have risen. Yeah, I can't seem to divide the bread evenly.
The bottom photo is fresh out of the oven.
If you enjoy fresh bread this may be the recipe for you.